Lodge St. Bryde No. 579
Lodge St. Bryde No. 579 was Chartered by The Grand Lodge of Scotland on 7th. February 1876.
We have continually met in Uddingston since that date and our Lodge has in its possession a complete minute which traces not only the history of the Lodge but importantly the history of our village and the surrounding area.
Our present Masonic Hall was built in 1924 and is one of the finest examples of a building of its type in Scotland.
ABOUT ST. BRYDE NO. 579
Lodge St. Bryde No. 579 Open Doors Day
5th. May 2018.
The Open Doors Day was a fantastic success !
Bro. Duncan Mulholland, the Right Worshipful Master welcomed everyone to the Open Doors Day.
The event was formally opened by our oldest Member Bro. A. Boyd Tunnock, who in his opening address emphasised the service that our Lodge has given to the local Community since 1876.
The event ran from 10 am to 2pm and over 100 people attended including the Provincial Grand Master, Bro. Bill Perry.
The Lodge was set out for a Regular Meeting and much thought had gone into the preparation of the Grand Lodge, Provincial Grand Lodge and Lodge St. Bryde displays which created a great deal of interest.
A power point presentation ran on continuous loop and contained photos of the exterior restoration of the Hall.
Bro. Stuart Jack, P.M. presented an excellent Lecture in the lounge on the Members of Lodge St. Bryde who fought in World War 1, this was attended by 56 people who were very impressed by the research that Bro. Jack had carried out and demonstrated in his presentation.
The R.W.M. thanked and presented flowers to the ladies of the Lodge led by Mrs. Helen Jack who worked throughout the day providing a welcomed cup of tea and coffee to everyone.
Everyone agreed, the Open Doors Day was a fantastic success !
Design and Hosting by PAAC -
Click for Old News
Lodge St. Bryde No. June 2018 Update