Lodge St. Bryde No. 579 was Chartered by The Grand Lodge of Scotland on 7th. February 1876.
We have continually met in Uddingston since that date and our Lodge has in its possession a complete minute which traces not only the history of the Lodge but importantly the history of our village and the surrounding area.
Our present Masonic Hall was built in 1924 and is one of the finest examples of a building of its type in Scotland.
Earlier this year in response to research which was being carried out by our Right Worshipful Master, Bro. Stuart Jack the Brethren of Lodge St. Bryde No. 579 embarked on a Fund Raising campaign to raise funds to purchase a fitting memorial to the Brethren of our Lodge who had served in the World Wars and in subsequent conflicts.
Extensive research in our Lodge minutes failed to find a comprehensive record of those serving and indeed those who gave their lives. But further research revealed that at least thirty members of our Lodge...Cont/
Manufacture of our War Memorial -
Description and photographs of our War Memorial Plaque being made.
Visits to our Fallen-
Follow our travels as we visit the Graves of our Fallen and fact finding visits.
Our Fallen -
Click for information on our fallen Brethren
WW1 Memorial Dedication Service -
Click for information on our 579 Dedication Service.